Friday, September 15, 2006

Skateaway (Rollergirl)

Music is a universal language. Everyone has their own tastes, but deep down, we all respond to music. Truly it soothes the savage beast.

There are subtle patterns within good music, that help people acheive a desirable emotional state. The state of tranquility is on the table, today.

I have played "Skateaway" time and again, always amazed at how soothing it is. And I'm not alone. When I am at the gym, and "Skateaway" comes on, I can see other fellas mouthing the words.

The song itself is a feast for the imagination. The rollergirl is also listening to music, giving the listener a tantric experience. That is, they are able to step outside themselves for a moment, and view themself from the third person.

"She gets rock n roll, a rock and roll station,
and a rock n roll dream,
She's making movies, on location
She don't know what it means."

I like to close my eyes and imagine a lass on skates, whooshing around crowded streets, leaving a crowd of admiring onlookers in her wake. She has incredible grace, and breathtaking speed, and exists in a world all by herself.

The song makes me forget what it was that frightens me. I play the song repeatedly whilst flying, to smooth out the turbulence. And, when my feet are on terra firma, the tune takes the edge off worldly tribulations.

"No fears alone at night she's sailing through the crowd,
In her ears the phones are tight and the music's playing loud,"

The climax of the song takes me to an absolutely transcendant plane.

"She don't know what it means,
but the music make her wanna be the story,
and the story was whatever was the song what it was,
Rollergirl don't worry
D.J. play the movies all night long."

And with that effort, breathing out in synchronized patterns, fears subside.

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG