Friday, July 07, 2006

The Hitchhiker's Guide to A Peanut

A review of a review. How tantric. The lord is.

"Just a quick note from an ardent admirer and friend. I write in a blog, which has a slightly smaller readership. I publish whatever is on my mind, and tonight, friend, I am on my mind. Every time I need comfort, and find none, I have a movie. For years long ago, after my sister got sick, I self-soothed with my VCR and movie collection. When it was time for bed, I would pop a movie in, press play, and, usually, fall asleep during Act I.

"For years I see you working, and think you feel sometimes that tasteful people don’t appreciate you. Well, I never read P.K., but I imagine that she would be somewhat proud of you. You are quite good. I admire your frank style, honesty, and ability to see so many tiny, unnoticed areas where the artist has tried to transcend the vulgar. Sometimes I wish you took calls, or needed an inebriated, lustful Ed McMahon-type sidekick! How impossibly arduous is the road of the man destined for wordsmithing.

"Anyway, here is my letter, with all due respect, Sensei. It follows a new, personal policy, that seems to work for me. My urge to write is so ardent, and my potency, almost as lethal as Sensei. My new policy, is just to write a rough draft, and not publish for a day or two. I find it takes the edge off my emails and stuff. Your writing, now, ahem, respect, your efforts represent a bit more than ‘writing.’ To me, they represent something called stuff.

"I came to this realization after smacking around the wanna-be Ben Grahams on the Hansen Natural Corp, Yahoo! Message board. Replies to my best intentions seemed so idiotic, that I developed a parallel policy, of not reading anything unknown, for at least a day.

"Anyway, here is a brief snapshot of my comeback to your terse review of, “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Universe.” It went in the blog as a draft, then came right back out because of some errors with my ‘fact-checker.’"


'Finally, I achieve the end of the movie, the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe." Hey, I love ya, come on!
Duncan Shepherd, bless him, took in the movie also. The gentle reader is always grateful to tee off with the Hon. Sen.! The youthy timelessness of his review will always seem so, for each read, is filled with the same pure joy and astonishment, as the first!

Ahem, respect, but, the gentle reader is slightly more interested in the answer to the following question. Does the movie have humor? If we can agree on this, then, we can respectfully disagree on the puerile source of the humor.

Most movie goers just don’t want to get cheesed on their money. They don’t understand what happened to all the movie palaces, for they wouldn’t be caught dead at the social-plex (unless it were for the matinee!!!!) Would the gentle reader only have an outlet for their frustration and disagreement, rather than a spouse or lover in a darkened theatre!

For my money, when I feel frightened, and need a reeeally deep laugh, or some stuff, I’m going to pop my burnt copy of the “Guide” into my PC, and fall asleep, yet again, sometime before the sofas start talking to each other. When Zooey comes on, and she announces herself with a Darwinian, “Who are you,” type challenge, then I’m off chasing the sandpipers!

Mattman'"

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG