Thursday, July 06, 2006

Digital Delusions

That would be a cool name for my company.

It bears absolutely no characterization to the wonderful company, Digital Illusions. D.I. is a company that I should have no business knowing anything about.

The only reason that I am writing about them, right now, is because they wrote some code for 'Battlefield 1942.' Ever time the game reboots my system or crashes to the desktop, there it is, another error message.

"We are sorry," the brain offers it's condolences for my loss. Damn straight! I was about to win the Battle of Britain, all over again. After carefully consulting the higher mind, the brain offers a series of rationalizations.

The driver made by Digital Illusions, is the alleged culprit. Well, if that is true, then, why did the game operate flawlessly up until the day I updated my NviDiA driver. Patience.

Digital Delusions is the front end for my software company. All the heuristics and neural programming are set, and there are dozens of applications. Fruit, ripe for the taking. Just need a coder, and a wing man. I know right where he is, but does he??

There is a fellow in my not-too-distant past, that offered me a job once. When a king offers a prince something good, no matter how small, there is nothing that the prince shall not sacrifice in return. I will not breathe his name, yet. I will refer to him, simply, as The Pro.

I used to wait on The Pro. Quite literally. At the pt. loma pizza shop, I would take his order. Then I would bring drinks, set the table, and schlep the steaming plates of pizza and pasta to him and Mrs. Pro.

Back then, I looked like a hippie, sort of, with a long ponytail sticking out the back of my baseball cap. I never questioned why The Pro offered me a position, I just accepted. I think maybe I have a little latent thing for him, who knows. Maybe he just liked being treated with respect, and thought I might be alright behind the counter in a posh La Jolla shop.

Maybe I 'accidentally' called him Famous Ray, or made some other trifling embarassement on myself, that he found charming. Blessings, always, king mine!

1 comment:

wearegolden said...

I love the name of the company! I think it is perfect for almost any type of software or other digital type business. In particular it would be great for the "theraputic simulations" you were talking about getting started to help people. With much respect!

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG