Sunday, July 23, 2006

Happy Birthday, Margaret

Summer Solstice, stretch out the day! The longest day of the year, and the clarion call to summer's evaporating heat. Years ago, there was a woman who was pregnant during that time of year.

Within about a month, she produced one of the finest individuals to ever grace a shore. I was priviledged to have known her for a very brief time.

Creation's passion, caress this notion. Well before that woman became pregnant with child, there was a man, who loved her so much, that he willed a blessed expression of himself.

I worship the driving force that created that man, and his good will.

Madge will be about forty-two, tomorrow. I never forget a birthday. Especially, her birthday.

She was my first. She didn't break my maiden, exactly, but, to me, she will always be my first. I never got past third base with Midge.

I will always remember the cascade of feelings, that began on the first day I ever talked to her. It was the Vernal Equinox, and the location was my high school snack bar, first recess. My friend, Dougie, set me up. He knew how lonely I felt, ever since Linda Pizzo dumped me for that cute Shane boy.

There were two windows for the snack bar, and four metal hand rails were set into the concrete. While I waited on line, I used to swing on the hand rails like a monkey. I considered myself a mature, casual senior, but I still liked to play on the monkey bars.

My whole senior year was a goof-off, from a school standpoint. My graduation was in the bag, and my grades would turn out to be good enough for U.C. San Diego.

I remember that life seemed pretty good, anyway, that fine morning. Commencement was weeks away. What do you give the man, who has everything?

Happy, happy, good birthday, my first girlfriend. Many, many blessed more, wherever you may be!

Matt

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG