Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Run Your Wild Horses

Valero is up in pre-market, after announcing that earnings had beat estimates by seven cents per share. That reminds me to fill up today. Maybe I'll have them check the oil level. Right after they check the air in the tires. Nevermind, echoes of a bygone era. When this Iran nuke thing reduces to a simmer, and oil goes back to the lower end of its new trading range, say sixty-two dollars /bbl, VLO's pps will correct, too. Then we'll be ready, waiting with a semi to load up on shares.

Having a margin account has made my acquisition costs a bit more expensive. I feel that I need to watch my limit orders even more closely. I also feel that I should start taking bigger positions to lower the cost percentages. Bigger positions means higher risk, and my style doesn't tolerate true risk. I own shares of just two money-losers, VICL and STXS.

Higher risk means more SFCC. Yesterday's action was telling. Early selling gave way to shorts covering, and volume is back. I set a buy limit order at an unrealistic $22.96. Wasn't so unrealistic yesterday, when the pps briefly dipped lower than that.

Also have a buy-limit order for WPCS, for $7.62. That one is even more unrealistic, and is little more than notationally buying. I do like the stock. Daddy likes the small caps.

Almost time for the open. One more week until STKL reports. I think I've figured out why this stock's pps has diverged so positively from the moving average. People are lemming into ethanol stocks, and this is partly an ethanol play. Hey, why not rush in after the Jamba Juice announcement. That will impact eps short term. The reason I didn't buy more on the dip under eight dollars, was not understanding the action. Now, I'm a little clearer. Hopefully, someone will pick up on the fact that this is also an organic food company that exceeds ethical standards with employees and the supply chain, sometimes at the expense of earnings.

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG