Tuesday, January 13, 2015

CENTCOM Hacked As Obama Touts Cyber Security

The U.S. Department of Defense Central Command's Twitter feed and YouTube page were briefly infiltrated by hackers claiming to be associated with the Islamic State just as President Barack Obama was speaking about cyber security.

I don't know what is more amazing, that CENTCOM has a YouTube page, or that it was hacked. Do I sense that there will somehow be a #gamergate connection made to this?

Apparently no classified information was released by the hackers, who claim to be from ISIS. Only the contact information of retired admirals and generals. In other words, senior military officials were doxxed. Hey another #gamergate tactic!

I guess it just seems silly that the military has social media accounts. There must be hundreds of people in the Pentagon being paid to counterattack malicious hashtags. I sleep soundly in my bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do social media on my behalf.

I have a theory about this hack. A political operative posing as a State Department spokesperson, say Jen Psaki or Marie Harf, were spear phished. Maybe Marie got an email saying that the Undersecretary For Protocol for the Deputy General's Office of Human Rights in Latvia wanted to friend her.

"Oooh, look Jen, Doroteja Bronislava wants to friend me!" Marie said.

"Oooh, I love her shoes." Jen said.

Two clicks later, the hackers had all they needed to command the DOD's Youtube page and Twitter feed. It could have happened that way.

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG