Monday, August 14, 2006

To Night

With all due respect, I feel my last life ended on a battlefield.

Had a yard, sale somewhat of a letdown. Feelings not yet distilled, into self-expression, so, so raw, and not just the standard letdown; my trusted method for self-expression, about something so exposed, form hai'ku.

Google, my Yahoo nickname yet? Follow the trail left by my electronic footprints. My intention is to respect any individual's views, and only engage discussions within a framework of mutual respect. Most women, for example, view my political persuasion as a deal-breaker.

My Dad has a total hangup about receiving gifts. His standing order, to each of his five children, is, "please, no gifts." But, Lord help you, if you actually obey the order, because then he pouts like a child.

Six months ago, I bought a 17" LCD monitor, with speakers. Just loved it. The old CRT monitors always left me feeling kind of oogie, and often gave me eyestrain and /or a headache.

Ever since then, I wanted a 19" LCD. I kept the original box that the 17" came in, and started saving my money. I boxed up my old monitor and put a birthday bow on it, for him. When I arrived at his house, I asked him if he wanted his birthday present.

"How many times do I have to tell you children, not to get me anything?"

I said, "Well, Dad, it's actually a combination Father's Day / birthday present."

"Ahhh, what is it, with you kids??"

"Actually, Dad, it didn't even cost me anything! I got a great deal on it!"

"You kids never listen to me!"

"Okay, Dad, no problem! I can take it back and get a refund. Let me just go lock my car, because I wouldn't want someone to steal it!"

He was fixing himself a snack, and just kept mumbling his dissent.

"Okay, Dad, I'll be right back! Just going to go lock my car, then we can go play golf."

I practically had one foot out the door, when I heard this pathetic, resigned, "wull, okay," from the kitchen. I chuckled sardonically all the way out to my sled. Five minutes later, I had his new monitor installed, and he seemed skeptical.

"So yer saying that thing, does the same thing as that one there?" he asked, pointing at his crappy old CRT. I powered on his system, and he just said, "Wow, I have more room on my desk, now."

Did I say, funny story? Please excuse my hyperbole. There was much more pathos than humor, in that exchange.

If it is good humor you seek, look no further than the first post in May, for an orIGInal Gomer!

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG