Sunday, June 04, 2006

Network Engineering

I am so exhausted, that I feel like I could sleep for days. I just got off the phone with my brother, who lives in another state with his family. Sometimes those cordless phones are a blessing, because they let the phone take the blame for discontinuing the call.

My mentor and former boss, A.C., used to have a more direct approach to ending a phone call. He would just say, 'Alright, now, get off my phone..." and that was that. His nephew, R.P., was similarly direct, with own his characteristic slyness.

One night, he was very tired after a series of configuration updates. When our conversation was drawing to a close, something in his home, must have mesmerized him. Instead of ending the call by saying, "I'll let you go," he inadvertently assumed the burden by saying, "I'll let me go..."

And that is that. Very good chat with the bro-ski. I feel like an important network device in my mind has been reset back to the default settings. This device was going into broadcast mode whenever my brother opened his pie-hole. When this happened, all my vital functions were under synaptic 'denial-of-service' attacks. My initial response filtered down to a bite your tongue, don't litigate the mouthpiece, pick your battles and move on.

After years and years, today I realized how to re-engineer the device. I picked up the phone, and told him how I felt about a certain issue that was bothering me. I used "feel" words, and kept re-assuring him that I loved him. His steel trap of a mind instantly made the connection between my words and my cursed actions of years of engagements.

On to the next one.

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG