Friday, March 24, 2006

Smoke Signals

Taking some off the table this week. United Health Group, Inc. (UNH) got skimmed off on Monday. What few $62 shares I still have are a dollar lower than where I got out. The general idea is to reduce exposure to shares that are probably going lower. The chart on UNH shows a stock that has completely broken down. The 20 day average was declining, and the pps has been unable to touch it.

WPCS is going to be in the doghouse for awhile longer than UNH. I shed most of my shares for eight bucks, wiping out my earlier gain. Lesson learned, to be a bit more aggressive when taking profits. Also, when they came down and touched the 200 day average, that should have alerted me to put in a sell limit order on the subsequent conference-call bounce. I guess I thought that bounce would get me closer to ten bucks. Oink. Support for this stock is somewhere above six dollars.

RACK shares were hard to part with, but the easiest choice given the indicators. This stock has been very well bought. The volume is still good, but it has begun tapering off. No doubt the insider selling made me a bit jumpy.

Still trying to figure out LifeCell (LIFC). The way I look at it, reminds me of this look I get from my dad every now and then. To me, this neat little channel it has formed is a consolidation and accumulation phase. There is a breakout in this stock. It barely managed to touch the 20-day once all week, but, that sma did cross the 100-day last month. The pps may still threaten to become a teen again, but I don't think it crosses. The next move in this stock is to a slightly higher channel, with resistance at twenty-three something.

Speaking of resistance, I just started wondering about the resistance level for Novatel, Inc. (NGPS). The close yesterday at thirty-five was huge, psychologically. Today's close could confirm a breakout. There was significant pre-market interest this morning. The volume will be smaller than yesterday, but a close in the green is possible. The pps briefly crossed $36, a level not seen in eight months. If this stock can create a new channel with support around here, then all-time highs in the forties are possible within a year or so. Ooo! Newfield just crossed forty-one. Getting tingly.

Almost time to play 'Battlefield 1942.' The 2002 Game of the Year has got me hooked. I think it is because I see my father and his generation as superheroes, that I want to relive their battles and their glory. Last night I fought the battle of Wake Island again, as invincible superboy 'chillblaine.' I spawned near a half-track and drove it to a hill overlooking the communications bunker. From there, I could put MG fire on enemy aircraft, landing craft, or assault troops.

After some ace in a Zero blew me up, I respawned near a coastal artillery piece. An enemy ship is spotted. I lobbed a few shells toward the wheel-house. Once he opened fire with his naval guns, my bunker and I were destroyed.

The next time I spawned, I ran toward the hangar, and hopped in a fighter plane. Some guy jumped in also to become my tail-gunner and off we went looking for targets. Poor guy, should have told him that I only learned to fly yesterday, and I can't hit anything yet except a ship.

After we exploded, I chose to spawn aboard ship. I went into the Higgins boat and piloted it next to a submarine. Then I dropped the ramp of the Higgins and climbed aboard the sub. I was tooling around the battle zone at the helm of my personal sub! I submerged to periscope depth and patrolled the waters, looking for enemy shipping. On my first command, I sank an Imperial Navy carrier. Then one of it's fighters spotted me and sent me to Davy Jones' Locker. Run silent, run deep.

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG