Friday, February 24, 2006

I, Prometheus

fetters cast aside! shackles off, unbound! (well, except for the stove-top)

new digs are nice. except the throne is way too small. the diameter is something like twelve inches, well short of my 'blast radius' ... other than that, the place is great. Free wifi, from several neighbors. I'm hooked into NETGEAR on ch. 11 from the stove-top. Other locations around the house yielded a default ch. 6 network and two encrypted networks. One has a 'T2 rise of the machines' -sounding name to it.

have had to wait over two weeks for TWC. missed the entire olympics. Finally getting CATV next week. Just in time for spring training.

Initially I signed up for SBC DSL. The pricing was amazing. Except they screwed up my online order, because I wanted to keep my old telephone number. An indifferent customer service rep from deepest Alabama eubonically intoned, " you ain't got it..." I just laughed into the phone out of frustration. They delivered the landline two days ago, but quoted me seven to ten business days on the dsl. I hope they don't have an actual order in the system. Gotta call them today, and TWC, make sure we're on schedule.

The portfolio didn't change too much, except I trimmed some GFI shares, just to lighten the metals load as a whole. Doubled down on Ryerson, Inc (RYI) yesterday at $25.59. Missed the bottom by a dime or so, and today the issue is up since the opening.

I also dollar-cost-averaged some NFX shares at $40.88. The recent bottom on Newfield was under forty, but I couldn't bite then. Meanwhile, Valero is on another run . Might close over fifty-seven today.

And what to make of SunOpta. They reported eps of $0.03 last quarter. Six months ago the stock would have sold off. There are just too many shares locked up and a lot of new interest. The volume seems a little light today, but we might see a million shares. I wonder if I will ever have a chance to buy back those shares I sold off at $6.92. Doubtful we'll ever be under six again at all.

StereoTaxis Inc (STXS) got an upgrade today, from HSBC, from neutral to overweight. I would be tickled pink, except the stock never corrected enough to interest me again. It seemed to spend the last two weeks in a channel around twelve, but I have to do the research again.
laters

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG