Sunday, January 08, 2006

Bengal Tiger

A minute after turning on the Bengals-Steelers game, a player rolled onto Carson Palmer's knee. It looked so blatantly intentional, it made me sick. I always hurt when tigers are sad. I had to turn the channel, because those producers always replay the injury video, from every conceivable angle. The most sickening damage is just another 'money shot' for those whores. I will flip back to the game just to see if that simp Ben Rothlisberger gets what's coming to him.

Very pleased with the stocks so far this year. My portfolio doesn't go anywhere unless the market as a whole does. I let Cramer talk me into a stock for the first time, United Health Group (NYSE: UNH). It is by far the most capitalized stock I own, more than twice as big as Valero. I bought a few shares at $62.00 because I think they have mostly digested PacifiCare, and because of the AARP deal. Who can resist the market potential of the members of the AARP.

I also added to my shares of Valero last week. They closed above fifty-four on Tuesday, and I was waiting with a limit order of $53.60 for the next market open. I don't know if I have another energy play in me, because the valuations are all screwy. I don't understand what's happening with natural gas, it should move with oil but it's going the other way. Maybe I need to cycle into some precious metals. I am sorry to have sold NFX when I did, but at the time I really just wanted to book profits, and I forgot that the intra-day price is often very different from the close, or the next day's open. Anyway, what's past is past.

What is the future of IRobot (NasdaqNM: IRBT). This is a stock that I want to own, but not at thirty-three. I would feel better about my shares if I could get them for $32. I like that they make robots that help our soldiers detect IED's. They are going to depend on consumer demand for whoombas and roombyas and all that.

Trying out a new charting method. I think that one can make money on any stock, because of short sales and options. The value of a company doesn't change much on a daily basis, but it's stock price sure does. By turning a chart upside down, I can see the security like a short does. I believe that resistance is resistance, whether the moving average is rising or falling.

I took a look at Hollis-Eden using this method. Ever since becoming my worst trade ever, I have plotted my revenge. It seems to me that the stock has some support at $4.50, but the volume has really tailed off. If I were to someday open that margin account and sell short, I would wait to see if the stock re-tests $4.50. If it breaks that downside resistance, I would then go short. This is my fascination. This is my nightmare, a snail crawling along the razor's edge.

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG