Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Saxon Capital

Placed a limit order this morning for $12.75 for some Saxon Capital, the Glen Allen, VA REIT. The quarterly dividend is $0.50, and there is also a special dividend of fourteen cents. I had pre-market limit orders for Saxon (SAX), ECR, NEW, TMA, EENC, HMB, and FICC, none of which were filled. Enterra almost got filled before I took my limit orders off. Going to put the dividend into re-investment plan. At today's prices and dividend, about twenty shares of SAX will get a new one. The price and dividend will come down, but we'll see how much.

Valero is killing me today, and I'm giving back some gains from WPCS. Red across the board except for StereoTaxis. The two-year treasury note went for 4.373 percent, slightly more than the ten-year note, 4.372. Supposedly this cross signals a recession. So, I'm putting the screen away until after the market close. Leave it to the market pros.

MSNBC replaced it's post-Christmas infomercials with a 'Mad Money' marathon. Cramer loves sick old people. If their dis-ease involves hypertension, osteoperosis or erectile dysfunction, big pharma has a patent-protected drug for them. I traded DNA this spring and made a little money, and didn't feel bad holding them. When I had Armor Holdings, I felt like a war profiteer, even though that stuff is protecting our guys. I don't look at tobacco companies, which I should, but I did look at the maker of Jack Daniel's.

Finally finished the game, "Brothers in Arms, Road to Hill 30." It's difficult to really call BIA a game, it is tactical simulation where you have to kill other human beings. After learning the controls and completing a few missions, you are issuing commands to put suppressing fire, flank, etc. It is a brilliant technical achievement. Ubisoft's Gearbox Software made that and 'Far Cry,' which I am savoring a second time, again on easy setting ("a peaceful island stroll").

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG