Sunday, November 01, 2015

Engaging An Abortionista

Had a Twitter engagement about abortion the other night. I want to record the tweets as a way to acknowledge what I'm doing right. It all started with a NARAL tweet.

I notice one thing in common with every argument made by the abortion absolutists. Someone like me who opposes abortion is never given the honorific, "pro-life." Fine, would a pro-lifer call an abortionistas "anti-life?"

My trolling picked up a little fish, who replied:


It's exciting and challenging to get a live one, once in a while. That Medicaid pays for abortions is beyond dispute. That the abortion industry finances its advocacy behind the veil of tax-exempt 501c(3) is also indisputable. At this point I knew I was dealing with an individual who deceives himself, and he projected that dishonesty onto me. Someone that well defended in their core belief will not be moved by any argument. A person's core values are like their pets. They will defend their pet vigorously, to the end, no matter how mangy, toothless and rabid.

At that point, I decided just to solicit his opinions, and if possible, point out any evident contradictions. The last thing I considered was changing his mind. Experience is the true teacher.


There wasn't a single response by this anonymous person that I didn't anticipate.
"Not my place to tell any woman what she can or can't do."
"Women have a right to personal and medical independence. A right to privacy."
"It has the potential to develop into a human being. It's not one until full developed."
"My personal opinion is once the 3rd trimester starts, and procedure should be to save mothers life."

And finally,


I don't see how possessing the moral high ground could be considered losing. I would have enjoyed going back and forth awhile longer, but I was a bit put off by this tweet. It is a clear indication that he was getting uncomfortable.
At this point I decided to wish the gentleman a good night. He left a lot of openings that I was eager to explore, such as his opinion that a man has no right to a fetus that he has fathered. I wonder if he considers it fair that the father has the legal responsibility to the child once it is born, but not before. There were plenty of areas worth investigating, if done in a patient and understanding manner. He wasn't having it.

When I looked at his account today, it became apparent how effective my approach was. As they say, achievement unlocked. He blocked me, and went back to his hugbox. I pray he never finds out how really wrong he is.

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG