Monday, January 12, 2015

Live Blogging The Game

Rats, the game is on ESPN. I don't get ESPN. I have cable, but it's the most stripped-down package available. I get the major networks ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox, plus PBS. Also about twelve different Spanish-language stations. And QVC. I do get the deuce. The deuce is broadcasting a split-screen called Megacast Film Room. The ESPN feed is in the upper left screen, and the lower right part of the screen is a studio running replays and commentary. No play-by-play. Better than nothing.

Ohio State is winning? 14-7. Wow. Oops, indecision on the run-pass option, turnover Ohio State. Duck ball. Long drive gets stuffed on fourth-and-goal. Buckeye ball.

I have a hat just like this one. My dad, class of '49. bequeathed it to the only son who truly loved the Buckeyes.


Early second quarter. I missed both Buckeye touchdowns because I wanted to go to Costco after work. I got a sous vide machine for Christmas and I want to see how it works with baby-back ribs. They won't be ready until after the game. Right now nursing a whiskey. Another Buckeye turnover. Duck ball. Cardale Jones is loose and his cannon arm has the Ducks on their heels. If Buckeye players stop leaving the ball on the ground they may win this thing.

Buckeyes sack Mr. Heisman and force a punt. Mariotta is going to feel that one tomorrow. Buckeye ball. Jones steps up and throws a wrong-footed pass down to the five. Punch it in Bucks!!! Jones on the sneak, a little short. I wish I had some chips or nuts. Jones for six. That's Big Ten football!

I like the format of having these coaches discuss the game instead of a hysterical play-by-play guy and the color guy. The ESPN website says its Chris Spielman and Tom Luginbill with Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen, new Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi and new Nebraska coach Mike Riley. I also see Derek Mason, head coach of Vanderbilt. Oregon is in the role of playing catch-up instead of front-running.

Second half. Another Buckeye turnover. Are you fucking kidding me? Oregon on their way back. 21-17. Three turnovers. Ohio State deserves to lose. 21-20. Buckeyes hanging on by their fingernails.

Next drive, Ohio State gets the wind in their sails. I remember that my dog is named Jones. Jooooooooonnes! as I touch the garment that is his body. He doesn't mind, and Buckeyes roll for a score. 28-20.

Next thing I know, the sauteed onions are ready, and it's 35-20. Under ten minutes left in the game. Buckeye nation will sleep well tonight. That hit on Mariotta seemed gratuitous, and I hope he's ok.

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG