Thursday, January 15, 2015

Interstellar Gets The High Hat

The best movie I have seen in many years got the high hat from the Oscar nominating members. The snub is proof that the six thousand nominating members of the Academy are an incestuous group. This is the same cadre who didn't award Best Picture to Star Wars, so no surprise.

One possible reason for not nominating Interstellar for Best Picture may be political. The nominating members are not representative of the people who buy tickets. They are Obama drones, social justice warriors like homosexual, immigration and feminist activists, and radical environmentalists. It was probably the radical environmentalists who conspired to shut this movie out of the Best Picture nominations.

A major plot line involves a character called Dr. Mann, who is referred to reverentially in the first and second acts of the movie. When we finally do meet Dr. Mann, he is revealed to be a selfish villain who admits, "I falsified the data!"

The real Dr. Mann is also a fraudster who cherry-picked climate data to produce the now widely-discredited Global Warming Hockey Stick. I would imagine that at least ninety percent of the voting members of the Academy are aware of Michael Mann, donate to Greenpeace and The Sierra Club and 350.org, and they didn't appreciate the not-so-subtle reference.

The voting members of the Academy are certainly inbred. I used to wonder why Last Of The Mohicans didn't even get nominated for Best Picture. I think the Academy was offended by the portrayal of Native Americans as fierce and warlike. The current narrative is that they were Noble Savages who lived as one with the planet, and then suddenly the White Man decided to commit genocide on their gentle souls. The fact that they conducted open warfare against each other and were wiped out by incidental smallpox exposure is very rarely mentioned.

This year I predict that Selma will win Best Picture. I will watch it someday. I consider myself a champion of civil rights, and I claim part ownership of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s I Have A Dream speech. It was given on my first birthday.

But the movie that I will watch again and again for the rest of my life, is Interstellar. The movie is 169 minutes, but Director Christopher Nolan makes time stand still for the viewer. And the evocative, final scene, with Brand (Anne Hathaway) alone on a hospitable planet, setting up house, waiting for Cooper, is a resonant payoff.

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG