Saturday, January 03, 2015

Hooray Nicki!

Nicki Minaj has exposed her soul to the world. The glitter and gloss have all been stripped off. Everything appealing about her, extruded from without into a consumable pop confection, has given way to her humanity within. I have been allowed to see past the veneer into her spirit self, and I am proud to think of her as my sister.

I am not a consumer of Nicki's oeuvre. I am aware of her song, Anaconda. Sometimes I see her on TMZ so I know who she is. But that makes me the cultural outlier. She has nearly nineteen million Twitter followers, more than LeBron James. These people listen to and obsess over every single word she utters.

Minaj granted an interview to Rolling Stone Magazine, and shared the story about the abortion she had as a teenager. She said, "it was the hardest thing I'd ever gone through," and that the decision has "haunted me all my life." She adds, "It'd be contradictory if I said I wasn't pro-choice."

I will leave aside my fear whether or not her "pro-choice" comment and the deed itself will provide justification to other women and girls to seek abortions. Just googling "Nicki Minaj Rolling Stone" yields a search result from the New Pittsburgh Courier,summarizing her interview with "Nicki Minaj speaks about break-up, being pro-choice." For now I want to amplify what she is saying about her "choice."

On her song, All Things Go, she writes "My child with Aaron, would've have been sixteen, any minute." Men and women who have committed abortion often commemorate the imaginary birthdays of the children they turned their backs on, as if what they had was a stillborn childbirth or miscarriage.

On her song, Autobiography, she writes,

Please baby forgive me, mommy was young, mommy was to busy tryna have fun
and now I don't pat myself on the back for sending you back
'cause god knows I was better than that to conceive then leave you the concept alone seems evil I'm trapped in my conscience
I adhere to the nonsense listened to people who told me I wasn't ready for you
But how the fuck would they know what I was ready to do
And of course it wasn't your fault
It's like I feel it in the air, I hear you saying mommy don't cry
can't you see I'm right here I gotta let you know what you mean to me
when I'm sleeping I see you in my dreams with me wish I could touch your little face
or just hold your little hand if it's part of gods plan, maybe we can meet again

That doesn't sound like she believes a clump of cells were aspirated from her uterus. That sounds like she realizes that a human life in a very vulnerable stage of development was ripped from her body, because she herself adhered to the nonsense, the propaganda being fed to her by the smiley-faced killers in the abortion factories.

If last year was the year of the abortion selfie, may this year be the year of more honest post-abortion self-examination, and hopefully, fewer procedures. There is nothing gained by shaming Nicki or Emily, yet we gain our souls by preventing them in the future.

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG