Monday, July 31, 2006

Cities In Dust

I haven't dreamed in months. Just before I awoke this morning, a female vision came to me. It was the raven, the flighty scorpio that I cannot touch. I wonder how I created a completely unique person, in my dream. In other words, I knew her identity, but I had never ever glimpsed her stunning countenance.

This just in, Hezbollah are attacking Kiryat Shmona, with mortars. Israel had the decency to warn residents of Qana that they were sleeping with the enemy, and that they needed to evacuate the area. They even had the decency to apologize, after their 'mistake!'

Then, they unilaterally decided to cease air-strikes for 48 hours. That should have showed the world, that Israel is the one fighting with honor. Big surprise, to see paid supporters by the dozens being trucked in for demonstrations. They had the martyr posters all ready, they just needed faces to insert in the blank spaces.

The best analogy for Qana I can come up with, is a story from early childhood. We had a young Rhodesian Ridgeback bitch, starting when I was about six. The dog must have been kept outside, because we also had a pregnant cat, that gave birth in the laundry room.

When the kittens arrived, Tahsti became very agitated. She hadn't been socialized with any other animals, except her own kind. She had a beautiful tan coat, and a very distinct ridge of opposite fur, all along her back.

I wonder if mama kitty had any inkling of Tahsti's raw aggression toward her babies. Tahsti could smell them distinctly, because there was a vent in the laundry room, to the outside.

One day, some kid let the back door open just enough, and it was over in seconds. Just a dog, doing the job she was bred for. Too bad she got punished for it. It was nice to see the one survivor, go on to be the treasured marmalade family pet for years at the Stover's.

Tahsti turned out to be the best non-human companion a young boy, growing up, could ever hope for.

Enjoy to recall her, running at full speed, with her red scarf flying, all over the fields. And to recall her later, in her dowager years, sitting upright in 'her' chair, a blessed member of our family. Haven't had a dog, since....

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG