Thursday, March 09, 2006

swing trader

that would be the closest description of my type of trading style. I try to get to know a stock very well, even listening to the conference calls. The numbers are the most important thing to me, as in earnings per share.

The other day, what few shares I had in SFBC International (SFCC) were down hard. There had been some more manipulation, er, I mean, news about the company. After they released earnings, everything came out in the wash, so to speak. There is guidance for 2006, and it supports a pps around twenty -two dollars a share. There are some macro factors affecting the price today, among them an enormous short squeeze and options day next week. Should be volatile. I would like to trim a few shares around $27, then see if the covering begins to take us to thirty.

So, since I was feeling rich, I bought two shares of NYSE Group, Inc (NYX), around $86, market buy. I'm sure E*trade loves being the haven of the small-time retail investor. I missed out on CBOT Holdings (BOT), so maybe this will make up for that one.

Other than that, a relatively good day after Monday and Tuesday's melt-downs, and yesterday's scare. Novatel, Inc., (NGPS) is bouncing back from the earnings sell-off. Nvidia (NVDA) looking like it will test fifty again. Even the metals are reversing. Good chance of being at break-even by tomorrow. Buon Fortunados

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG