Friday, February 03, 2006

north, to alaska


put in a bid on the job, a CAT5e network with nine workstation drops for $480. Eight-forty if they want CAT6 with the wall-mounted raceways. Good thing I have something else to do while laying off the crack, er, I mean, the Etrade application with the streaming news and Level II quotes, that's my glass deeek.

I had to 'learn' VOIP last night. The best diagram I found was located at http://www.phonewala.com/images/voip-diagram.gif ; I hope it is okay to re-publish it here, for my personal reference. Most any other configurations are a mess. I would also have a single POTS line somewhere in there. A T1 that lets you channelize a voice line is a little better, but why not install a telegraph in each location. That's the fail-safe, final redundancy.....
.....t..................i.............m...............e.........................
..........................................t...................................................................o..............
............................................................................................ .................

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG