Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Uncle Buck and Aunt Fin

Today I went cold-turkey from pretending to be a day-trader. I pulled up the screen in the morning, then went all day without checking in again. For some reason Monday I was full of anxiety, even short of breath. I used to buy and hold when I felt that way. I used to be a contrarian. I used to be able to tell when the herd was thinking one way, and I would go the other way. Seeking the path of least resistance. Now I am my own Cramer, my own contrary indicator. A day after calling STEM a bag of pus, it goes up fifeteen percent. Whether the company will make money remains to be seen, but I would put my child's cord blood in a bank, heck yes. That's the primo stuff.

So I am officially on the sidelines unless one of my buy alerts is triggered. I have made thirty trades this quarter alone. At $9.99 a trade, that's a hundred dollars per month spent chasing the dragon. I am not a trader. I just developed an unhealthy compulsion since my brokerage gave me a fancy stock screener and streaming news. I am just an investor. That's the only time I ever made real money, with patience. The waiting is always the hardest part.

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG