Friday, December 23, 2005

The January Effect

Waiting for Valero to pop through fifty-four before I go long on energy again. So I'm heavy in technology right now. My limit order of $28.88 for Novatel, Inc. (NasdaqNM: NGPS) got scooped up in the last hour of trading before Christmas. They have been on my watch list for months. I kept getting them confused with Novatel Wireless, the local outfit I also want.

Cramer yesterday almost popped a vein in his excitement over any company involved in GPS. This Canadian pico-cap gets my dollar vote even though Cramer didn't mention them. I know I will get smacked from time to time, since a five hundred share sale will rock this baby's world. Today is a 50,000 - share day. They make SunOpta's volume look like Cisco Systems.

If there is any January effect, some may be tax-related corrections. Companies that are overbought should sell off because investors can book profits they won't have to pay taxes on for 15 months. Companies that are becoming oversold now may lure new investors and should be rising. Like the erstwhile message board sages say, watch and learn. The market has a lesson every day. I am grateful just to be in the game, alive!

No comments:

TED

 BUNDY WAS PROBABL TRANS NOOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS...THEY/THEM LEFT DETAILED NOTES ON THERE/THEM OBSESSESH WITH THE VAG